Thursday, October 25, 2007

Only in America!!


One of the biggest indicators of why diaspora voting should be eliminated comes from our American cousins. Of the 27,000 people registered to vote in the US, 67% of them would choose PiS. As I recently mentioned on Beatroot’s blog, I do not vote in Britain as I feel that to influence the lives of others while not being there is a misuse of the vote. The American’s results I think show that I have a point as they are voting without having experienced the last two years of fear mongering.

4 comments:

  1. I would suggest that expatriot Poles voting in Polish elections are doing so for the families they left behind or in the hope of their eventual return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. eventual being the operative word, and as far as their families goes, unless they left kids then the people should be able to vote for themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Though one could argue that the ex pats in UK, Ireland directly affect the economy in Poland through all the millions of zloty they send home. And as politicians spend that money then why not vote?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dude, post something

    ReplyDelete