Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Taxi drivers and society


Has anyone else noticed how taxi drivers the world over have an equal disdain for laws and common decency?

Yesterday I took my wife to Konin train station and had a small non verbal argument with a taxi driver.

I circled the rather small carpark looking for a space and saw a couple of likley options. However, while twenty odd taxis were parked around the perimiter of the car park in I suppose the official taxi rank/space, one was parked accross several free spaces for ordinary cars.

I motioned that I wanted to get into the space and perhaps could he reverse a bit; to which he just shrugged. We repeated these actions a few times with my blood getting more and more boiled. I was left with the only options being to either exit my car and approach him whicj would for sure end in Police custody or withdraw to fight another day.

At the behest of my wife, I left and found a space down the road and we walked back. I took a picture of the incident as potential proof; not really sure what I was going to do with my evidence. I later reasoned that no city guard or policeman would give two hoots about it an so am left with putting it on my blog. Therefore this is my nameing and shaming act, although I ofcourse don't know his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment